Apache Spark and Scala Certification Training is designed to prepare you for the Cloudera Hadoop and Spark Developer Certification Exam (CCA175). You will get an in-depth knowledge on Apache Spark and the Spark Ecosystem, which includes Spark RDD, Spark SQL, Spark MLlib and Spark Streaming. You will get comprehensive knowledge on Scala Programming language, HDFS, Sqoop, FLume, Spark GraphX and Messaging System such as Kafka.
Why should you take Apache Spark and Scala?
Microsoft, Amazon, and IBM are some of the top companies using Spark. LinkedIn, Twitter, and Netflix are few companies using Scala
- Lectures 51
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 50 hours
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 0
- Assessments Yes
INTRODUCTION TO BIG DATA HADOOP AND SPARK
- What is Big Data?
- Big Data Customer Scenarios
- Limitations and Solutions of Existing Data Analytics Architecture with Uber Use Case
- How Hadoop Solves the Big Data Problem?
- Rack Awareness and Block Replication
- YARN and its Advantage
- Hadoop Cluster and its Architecture
- Hadoop: Different Cluster Modes
- Big Data Analytics with Batch & Real-time Processing
- Why Spark is needed?
- What is Spark?
- How Spark differs from other frameworks?
- Spark at Yahoo!
INTRODUCTION TO SCALA FOR APACHE SPARK
- Learning Objectives: Learn the basics of Scala that are required for programming Spark applications. You will also learn about the basic constructs of Scala such as variable types, control structures, collections such as Array, ArrayBuffer, Map, Lists, and many more.
- What is Scala?
- Why Scala for Spark?
- Scala in other Frameworks
- Introduction to Scala REPL
- Basic Scala Operations
- Variable Types in Scala
- Control Structures in Scala
- Foreach loop, Functions and Procedures
- Collections in Scala- Array
- ArrayBuffer, Map, Tuples, Lists, and more
- Scala REPL Detailed Demo
FUNCTIONAL PROGRAMMING AND OOPS CONCEPTS IN SCALA
- Learning Objectives: In this module, you will learn about object-oriented programming and functional programming techniques in Scala.
- Functional Programming
- Higher Order Functions
- Anonymous Functions
- Class in Scala
- Getters and Setters
- Custom Getters and Setters
- Properties with only Getters
- Auxiliary Constructor and Primary Constructor
- Extending a Class
- Overriding Methods
- Traits as Interfaces and Layered Traits
- OOPs Concepts
- Functional Programming
DEEP DIVE INTO APACHE SPARK FRAMEWORK
- Learning Objectives: Understand Apache Spark and learn how to develop Spark applications. At the end, you will learn how to perform data ingestion using Sqoop.
- Spark’s Place in Hadoop Ecosystem
- Spark Components & its Architecture
- Spark Deployment Modes
- Introduction to Spark Shell
- Writing your first Spark Job Using SBT
- Submitting Spark Job
- Spark Web UI
- Data Ingestion using Sqoop
- Building and Running Spark Application
- Spark Application Web UI